David Wojnarowicz wore this jacket in 1988, just 4 years before he’d ultimately die from AIDS. Sadly, just a few years ago some of his artistic work was censored at the Smithsonian. People in power are still content to try and erase his history and the continued struggles of people with AIDS
everyone everywhere please please please reblog this important artist.
I C O N I C
Tips For Decreasing Hidden Sugar
1. Read the ingredients list and learn terms that mean added sugar. These include sugar, white sugar, brown sugar, confectioner’s sugar, corn syrup, dextrin, honey, invert sugar, maple syrup, raw sugar, beet sugar, cane sugar, corn sweeteners, evaporated cane juice, high fructose corn syrup, malt, molasses, and turbinado sugar, to name a few.
2. Don’t drink sugar. Drinks are a big source of sugar for many people and they don’t even fill us up. Nixing sugary drinks can take out up to 500 calories a day from your diet.
3. Curb Sugar cravings with fresh fruit. Fruit has sugar, but it also has fiber which slows the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
4. Swap sweets for sweat. According to researchers from the University of Colorado, working out may protect against the harmful effects of sugar. Plus you’ll burn calories!
5. Take baby steps. Don’t go cold turkey. Scale back your added sugar slowly and you’ll find your sugar cravings will diminish. Your taste buds will adjust over time. Source
this freaks me out
I’m about the life of curbing my sugar.
*pushes all my candy aside.* Motto is key, and this picture makes me sick to my stomach with motto.